Yokowo recognizes that, as a corporation, conducting the business activities in harmony with the global environment is one of the essential responsibilities. Yokowo group continues to implement a range of global environment preservation activities in order to contribute to the coexistence of rich nature and our global society.
Yokowo is committed to helping to create a rich natural environment. We seek to do this through our environmental management system and through activities designed to achieve continuous improvements in environmental performance. As part of our commitment, we take into consideration the environmental impact of our business activities and comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and guidelines, as well as with each customerís specific guidelines.
Action Guidelines(Revised June 1, 2011)
- Yokowo will thoroughly sort and separate waste in our offices and plants for natural resource conservation; then try to minimize office wastes and to increase recycling. Also, we will make an effort to reduce the volume of paper use and electricity consumption, which accounts for the majority of our energy consumption.
- In respect of chemical substances which are harmful to both environment and human body, Yokowo will prevent environmental pollution by implementing preventive measures and action plan, which include those for the case of abnormal and emergency operation, and will minimize the use of environmentally harmful substances.
- Yokowo will comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and each customer's specific requirements, and intend to enhance our environmental management by our original internal standards.
- Yokowo will set objectives and goals for our environmental activities and also improve our environmental management system continuously by periodically reviewing the objectives and goals.
- Through in-house education and publicity, Yokowo will promote all the employees' recognition of involvement in environmental preservation activities and will make these activities take root as daily duties.
- Yokowo ensures that all the employees including those of affiliated companies are fully aware of the environmental policies, and will disclose them to the public on request.
- Yokowo will contribute to the development of a sustainable society by considering the impact on biodiversity in all its business activities.
Global Organization for Environment Management
Yokowo implements environmental management throughout the global group companies under the organization as shown below:
With the participation of all employees, Yokowo had implemented the "Environmental Management System", which was established based on the Environment Management Policies* initiated in 1997, and, as a result, obtained the ISO14001 certification at Tomioka Plant from the Japan Quality Assurance Organization (JQA) in 1998.
Since then, the "Environment Management System" has spread throughout global subsidiaries and currently our major manufacturing sites as shown below has earned ISO14001 (2004 standards). Other overseas sites, which have not obtained the certification yet, will continue the activities to earn the certification in the near future.
(*Environmental Management Principles were amended in 2004)
In order to minimize the environmental impact continuously from our business activities and, at the same time, to achieve sustainable growth, Yokowo has implemented the following activities:
For the purpose of natural resource conservation, Yokowo minimizes the volume of waste generated from our business activities, conducts thorough waste sorting, and carries out recycling from the sorted waste.
Global Warming Prevention
As a part of our activities for the global warming prevention, Yokowo has implemented energy conservation policies and efficient energy use in order to reduce the amount of CO2 emissions from the consumed energy.
- An Example of Power Use Reduction
- Electricity demand control system controls temperature settings throughout facility as 28°C in summer and 20°C in winter.
Consideration in Environmental Impact from our Products
Aiming to ensure the safe management of chemical substances, which are harmful to the environment and the human body, the Yokowo group has established its own management standards, performs product assessments from the design stage onwards considering environmental preservation, and conducts the thorough inspection of all the parts and components used in products at our global sites (including Japan).
Through the activities mentioned above, we have met strict environmental requirements, such as the European Union (EU) RoHS Directive, and passed environmental audits by worldwide automotive and electronics makers. In this way, we supply products that comply with global environmental preservation standards to worldwide customers.
In addition, we will carry out the green procurement policy more strictly and promote the implementation of environmentally friendly production as a group-wide activity.
Compliance with Global Restrictions on Chemical Substances
Yokowo identifies chemical materials to be controlled at our company according to the EU environmental regulations that we recognize as global standards, and defines the clear objective of reducing and eliminating harmful chemical substances.
We endeavor to commercialize our products in compliance with globally imposed restrictions on chemical substances. With respect to the parts used in products, we conduct chemical component analysis through ICP analyzers and fluorescent X-ray spectrometers, and also conduct a rigorous inspection of the chemical substances in the parts and products before the acceptance of such parts and products, focusing on information sharing with our suppliers.
ICP Optical Emission Spectrometer
Energy Dispersive Fluorescent X-ray Spectrometer
Yokowo holds supplier meetings about environmentally harmful substances and conducts environmental evaluation, such as chemical component analysis, for our suppliers to ensure that no environmentally harmful substances are contained in our products.
Through the following comprehensive training and seminar programs for all our employees to increase awareness and understanding of environmental preservation, we, Yokowo group as a whole, implement the environmental preservation activities.