Environmental Management Systems
Yokowo recognizes that, as a corporation, conducting the business activities in harmony with the global environment is one of the essential responsibilities. Yokowo group continues to implement a range of global environment preservation activities in order to contribute to the coexistence of rich nature and our global society.
Yokowo is committed to helping to create a rich natural environment. We seek to do this through our environmental management system and through activities designed to achieve continuous improvements in environmental performance. As part of our commitment, we take into consideration the environmental impact of our business activities and comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and guidelines, as well as with each customerís specific guidelines.
Action Guidelines(Revised April 1, 2014)
- Yokowo will continuously and actively promote energy saving, resource conservation, and recycling to contribute to the protection of the global environmental.
- In respect of chemical substances which are harmful to both environment and human body, Yokowo will prevent environmental pollution by implementing preventive measures and action plan, which include those for the case of abnormal and emergency operation, and will minimize the use of environmentally harmful substances.
- Yokowo will comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and each customer's specific requirements, and intend to enhance our environmental management by our original internal standards.
- Yokowo will set objectives and goals for our environmental activities and also improve our environmental management system continuously by periodically reviewing the objectives and goals.
- Through in-house education and publicity, Yokowo will promote all the employees' recognition of involvement in environmental preservation activities and will make these activities take root as daily duties.
- Yokowo ensures that all the employees including those of affiliated companies are fully aware of the environmental policies, and will disclose them to the public on request.
- Yokowo will contribute to the development of a sustainable society by considering the impact on biodiversity in all its business activities.
Global Organization for Environment Management
Yokowo implements environmental management throughout the global group companies under the organization as shown below:
The Yokowo Group has constructed an Environmental Management System in a bid to preserve the environment and to prevent pollution. Its individual production bases have been certified with ISO 14001. The environmental management committees at individual plants take the initiative in ISO-compliant environmental activities. They define the purposes and set the goals so that Yokowo personnel will strive to fulfill them in their respective workplaces.
|Registered Organization||ISO Certifications||Certificate Registration No.||Certification Body|
|DOMESTIC||YOKOWO CO., LTD.||ISO14001:2004||JQA-EM0153||JQA|
|YOKOWO COMMUNICATION COMPONENTS & SYSTEM CO., LTD.|
|YOKOWO PRECISION CO., LTD.|
|OVERSEAS||DONGGUAN YOKOWO ELECTRONICS
DONGGUAN YOKOWO CAR COMPONENTS CO.,LTD.
|YOKOWO ELECTRONICS (M) SDN. BHD.||12556/A/0001/UK/En||URS|
|YOKOWO VIETNAM CO., LTD.||01 104 1433156||TUV Rheinland|
In order to minimize the environmental impact continuously from our business activities and, at the same time, to achieve sustainable growth, Yokowo has implemented the following activities:
For the purpose of natural resource conservation, Yokowo minimizes the volume of waste generated from our business activities, conducts thorough waste sorting, and carries out recycling from the sorted waste.
Global Warming Prevention
Yokowo reviewed its Medium-Term Environmental Plan in 2014 and reset the goals it wishes to achieve by fiscal 2017 and its activities for achieving the goals.
In the Medium-Term Environmental Plan, a 1% reduction in the greenhouse gas (GHG) emission factor is the focus every year.
*GHG emission factor: GHG emissions (tons) / Sales (million yen)
Consideration in Environmental Impact from our Products
Aiming to ensure the safe management of chemical substances, which are harmful to the environment and the human body, the Yokowo Group begins product assessment at the stage of product design and implements stringent checks on components incorporated into the product at domestic and overseas locations. In addition, we are carrying out the green procurement policy more strictly and promoting the implementation of environmentally friendly production as a group-wide activity.
Compliance with Global Restrictions on Chemical Substances
Yokowo specifies those substances subject to its independent control in accordance with the EU environmental regulations and makes clear its goal to reduce and eliminate harmful chemical substances.
With respect to the parts used in products, Yokowo places emphasis on information sharing with suppliers. With the use of inductively coupled plasma (ICP) analyzers and fluorescent X-ray analyzers, Yokowo performs strict inspections to supply products that meet the demand of car manufacturers and electrical equipment manufacturers for compliance with ever-changing chemicals regulations.
ICP Optical Emission Spectrometer
Energy Dispersive Fluorescent X-ray Spectrometer
Yokowo holds supplier meetings on chemical substances contained in products and conducts environmental evaluations, such as chemical component analysis, for our suppliers in a bid to preferentially procure products with smaller environmental impacts.
Through the following comprehensive training and seminar programs for all our employees to increase awareness and understanding of environmental preservation, we, Yokowo group as a whole, implement the environmental preservation activities.