Yokowo Co., Ltd.

Chronicle of Chutaro Yokoo Chronicle of Yokowo Mfg. Co., Ltd.

Born in Sogi, Tomioka-machi, Kitakanra District, Gunma Prefecture

1894

Graduated from Tomioka Jinjo Koto Shogakko and moved to Tokyo for an apprenticeship

1909
1922

Founded in Sumida, Tokyo

1945
  • Relocated the company to Tomioka City, Gunma Prefecture, and established the Nakamachi Plant
  • Started production of Spring Bar

Assumed the post of president and representative director of Yokowo Mfg. Co., Ltd.

1951

Reorganized the company into a stock company and established
the Tokyo Branch at Takinogawa, Kita-ku, Tokyo

Yokowo Mfg. Co., Ltd. around 1950Yokowo Mfg.
Co., Ltd.
around 1950

1956

Started production of Rod Antennas

1957

Started production of Car Antennas

Appointed chair of the Tomioka City Assembly and also deputy chairman of the Tomioka Chamber of Commerce and Industry

1958

Established the Nanokaichi Plant in Tomioka City

Nanokaichi Plant around 1955Nanokaichi Plant around 1955

1959
  • Established the Osaka Branch
  • Started production of Golf Shaft
1960

Relocated Head office to Takinogawa, Kita-ku, Tokyo

1961

Established the Kanohara Plant in Tomioka City

Kanohara Plant around 1960Kanohara Plant around 1960

1962

Listed on the second section of Tokyo stock exchange

Appointed chairman of the Tomioka Chamber of Commerce and Industry

1964
  • Assumed post of chairman and director of Yokowo Mfg. Co., Ltd.
  • Elected mayor of Tomioka City
1965
1967
  • Established YOKOWO MFG.CO., (TAIWAN) LTD. (now YOKOWO MICRO TECH CO., LTD.)

Assumed post of adviser for Yokowo Mfg. Co., Ltd.

1973

Passes away in June

1977